Monday, June 30, 2008

Hello Monday

I need COFFEE!

I have no energy and a crick in my neck that doesn't want to go away. BLEH!
Luckily I have a 3 day weekend coming up, I might be able to get some rest.

I got my buisness cards from vistaprint! YEAH! (happy dance)

I decided to get cards so that when someone does buy something from my shop I can send a nice looking card along with it. It's a step in the right direction, a more professional type approach. I'm thinking I might decide to get a stamp later on down the road. Right now I need to try and put more stuff in my shop.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine, it was okay. I pulled out my torch but got cold feet. LOL! I made 2 ring shanks for a couple more dangle rings. I also made two pairs of earrings, both in purple and I'm working on a wire moon pendant. I need to charge the batteries in my camera so I can get pictures.

Seems like I have a little bit of creativity going, though it's mostly in wire. I did get some more headpins over the weekend instead of attempting to make them myself. I think I may keep the purple pearl earrings I made and put the other purple pair of earrings in my shop. I used faceted glass beads and sterling silver on the 2nd pair.

The moon pendant is made using the silver filled wire as the base, wrapped in 26g non-tarnish silver craft wire, using 11/0 seed beads as an outer edge. I haven't decided if I want to use some magatama's that I have as well, as part of the design. I might use a few of them.

I'm going to try and remember to charge the camera batteries so I can get some pictures.

1 comment:

abeadlady said...

Mel,

I'm considering opening an Etsy shop. Do you have any suggestions, cautions, etc. that might help me? I'd appreciate anything.
Thanks,
Arline
http://sharedstuffbyarline.blogspot.com/
arlinebeadlady@msn.com