Monday, November 29, 2010

It's Raining Men!

Snowmen that is! I made snowmens, SEEEEEEE!

Aren't they just adorable! I made these 3 lil guys over the past couple of days. I made their scarves and their hats and since I didn't have anything to use as a suitable nose, I had to make some from clay and then paint. I think they all came out so darned cute. I showed my daughter the big one, since it was finished when she got back from visiting her dad, she said " great, more snowmen" LOL! Kids, gotta love'em. They go great with my little trees.

Over my 4 day weekend, I had planned on finishing my 1st pair of harem pants. I didn't finish them, unfortunately. I had to redo the gathering stitches 3 times, i'm on 3 now or is it 4? First try, something didn't stitch right so the bobbin thread didn't want to pull right and I broke the thread trying to force it. 2nd time got almost all the way done with the gathering and thread broke about an inch from the end, UGH! 3rd time, got it all gathered up nicely and was only making adjustments for it to fit in the cuff, broke the dang thread again. You would think by now that I'd throw that thread away, nope, it's still on the dang sewing machine. Here is my little helper, even though he wasn't much help. I love my old sewing machine, isn't she lovely!

So the harem pants are still sitting by the sewing machine. I might try and work on them again tonight, depend on how I feel. So far i'm liking them other than this gathering frustration at the breaking thread. It's such a simple fix, except I really don't want to use my good thread on this pair of harem pants because they are being made from a thread bare bed sheet. I used the sheet so I could get a feel of how to make harem pants before bustin out the fabric I want to use and it'll also give me a pair to practice in at home. Guinness, my sewing helper, thinks the pants are for him to attack.

I'm trying to check the fit here and he was very determined to attack, LOL! I was bending over to once again remove him from my leg when my daughter snapped this pic. I couldn't check the fitting because he wouldn't stop chasing me around and attacking. He's so silly! I finally had to have someone direct his attention elsewhere so I could finish.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Whoa Time Flies!

Wow, it's been almost 3 months since I posted anything. I didn't realize it had been that long. I'm still battling a creative funk that just doesn't want to let me go, period! I hate it. I have a few projects going, most of them are months old too. I need to get pictures of a few things.

I started a skirt some months back, like possibly september. I started on it not long after I finished the sari skirt. I just finished it a couple of days ago but I need to make a few minor tweeks and I'll truly be done. It's a lovely burgandy color, chiffon I think. It's kinda heavy but it's also semi-sheer as well. I also got some clothes altering in over the last few months as well. Hmmm, lets see, what else? ? ? ? Oh I also made a scoodie, which is a scarf with a hood. LOL! I've seen them online alot and they are soooooooooooooooooo easy to make. If your using fleece, no need for hemming WOOOOO! I'm also working on my very 1st pair of harem pants. I'm using an old thread bare bed sheet. I'm not going to ruin some nice fabric or even some muslin to make these, so bed sheet it was. AHAHAHAHA! So far so good, except that I realized I sewed the yoke seam to the front instead of the back, oops and it was to late to take out all that stitching too. I made small pleats in the front and now I have to decide if those are going to stay in the front along with the yoke seam or just turn everything and have pleats on my butt. I haven't taken pics of these projects yet but they are on my to do list.

Here are pics of some of the things i've done these last few months.

Here are the pumpkins that me and the hubs carved for Halloween. I did the bats, he did the skull. These were fun. I found that letting the inside dry out some before pulling the innards out, makes it easier to get the seeds out without all the other goopy stuff sticking. My bat pumpkin has a ghosty on one side and another bat on the other.

Here is another hair accessory that I started, it just needs the clip added and maybe a few crystals or beads and voila it'll be done.

Here is a more recent project, like within the last couple of weeks. It's a door decor made from toilet paper and paper towel rolls. I need to paint it. I found the idea here DIY Recycle door frame decor . I know it's not exact but hey, I like it. I think it's rather cute.

I also finally got around to making a throw pillow for my teenlette. She is very into skulls right now. I made this pillow cover but it is a wee bit big for the pillow that is currently in it, need a bigger pillow.