Monday, July 28, 2008

Time Flys

Once again another Monday and half the day is just about over. I don't have any new stuff to show right now. I've hit another little slump that I just feel like I have no energy to create even though the ideas are still there. I even bought some more of the silver filled wire to make a few of those ideas and nothing at the moment.

I have found that the silver filled wire tarnishes pretty easy when sitting out and gets that funky smell. It cleans up pretty easy though and so far the pieces I've made from it haven't really tarnished yet.

My current list of projects:

1. Pair of earrings made from the silver filled wire in a leaf/teardrop shape
2. Finish leaf/teardrop pendant
3. continue to work on purple beaded caterpillar like bracelet
4. Finish Sterling silver earrings and post them to my Etsy shop
5. Measure clay pendant to make a cage for it.
6. cut out apron pattern for my grandmother's apron
7. Finish beaded dolls (2 of them) I started a few years ago

I have a list going and I could probably work on a few of those things while sitting up here at work. Work is so slow and so quiet right now that i'm about to go out of my mind. I have been reading some books but I finish them within hours or a few days, no matter how thick they are. It really all depends on how much time I actually have to sit and devote to reading. I will sometimes read until my eyes can no longer focus and my mind can't even retain what I've just read.

I picked up a book on a whim at the half price book store and really enjoyed the book and upon further research into the author, this particular series has a total of 16 books. YEAH ME! I could finish them in like 3 to 4 weeks. I've already read 2 of them. I'm a voracious reader sometimes. Sometimes I get so engrossed into the book that I get agitated when I'm interrupted. Right now, it seems I'm on another reading kick. I'm going to try and work on finishing one of the pendants tonight. I guess I'll see how it goes when I get home. I'm really tired.

No comments: