Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Something new

Not much of a creative spark lately. I did do a beaded face for SassyArtGoddess beaded face swap but I didn't put the full address and had it sent back. I need to get a picture but I was soooooooooooooooooo disappointed in myself for making that mistake. UGH!

Yesterday I started on this and finished. I had some silver plated jump rings in 2 sizes and got the wild hair to try a weave I haven't done before. I think this is called Helm chainmaille. I used purple glass dagger beads and bicone beads for a little color.

Bracelet is about 8inches long and will fit a wrist of 7"-7.5". I'd say a 7" wrist is the best fit, not to loose but doesn't slide to far down on the hand.



The earrings are about 4 inches from the top of the earring post to the bottom of the dangle. They have a little weight but not much.



The pendant measures about 3 inches from the top of the jump ring to the end of the dangle. The necklace it's currently on is silver plated 30" in length. One end reminds me of ear threads and the other end a barrel that the end of the necklace slides into. I got the necklaces in silver and gold tone for very cheap. They make decent display necklaces. I'd like to do a necklace in Helm, like a choker and have the pendant hang from that.



I'm really happy how these turned out. I actually spent time on making the wraps on the dangles as even and as neat as possible. I only had to redo one dangle and that's because the dagger bead was messed up. Now I wish I had some more jump rings in the two sizes so that I could make a few more like these. I really like how the bracelet feels and the pendant and earrings have a bit of weight but not to much.

3 comments:

Ellen said...

Those are gorgeous Melissa, I'd wear them in a heartbeat ~smile~

Murphy said...

Great job Mel! I love this design!
All the set is beautiful, but my favorites have to be the earrings.
Hugs,
Saby

Ellen said...

Hey Melissa I have tagged you for a meme, check out my blog