Monday, April 5, 2010

Latest Works

It's been a bit since last I posted. I have some progress pics of a couple of altered headbands and a leather cuff bracelet i'm working on.

Headbands-
#1. Grey satin headband accented with brocade ribbon from Wal-mart and swarovski crystals. I still haven't decided on what else I want to do with this one.


#2. Black satin headband accented with a vintage rose ribbon trim and dome nailheads. I still have a bit of work to do on this one as well.



Leather cuff in the works. This was made from a belt I found at the thrift store. I originally only wanted the medallions and the leather pieces to use in projects. One of the leather pieces I'm going to use as a ponytail holder, it's just the right size. This is, I guess you would call the tongue of the belt, it's the part that the belt connects to, the piece with the holes in it. I was originally going to just throw it out with the rest of the belt that isn't useful but low and behold, it's perfect size for a wrist. I was going to make it a button on cuff but the hole is to small for any of the buttons I have and the shanks on the buttons that almost fit aren't quit long enough. I had to use snaps instead and use the buttons as accents to make it look as if it buttons on. So far I'm very happy with it. I have some more glueing to do and I haven't decided yet if I'm going to add anything extra to it yet.

No comments: