Friday, February 26, 2010

Using up scraps

What do you do with scraps of yarn? You know that yarn that is not enough for some projects but to much for another, it's kinda in between. I have a few yarns like that.

I got this idea last week to try making a granny square, easy right? Well, only if your paying attention to what your doing. I found this one Never Ending granny blanket square
Simple enough right? Well, my lack of paying attention showed up in the final product, OOPs!






On one of the squares I counted off, not to bad but enough that the 2 squares didn't line up just right. No biggie cause this is my bag and if I really really really get an itch about not liking it, I could take it apart, make it a bit smaller so i'd have enough yarn. You know when you take something apart, the yarn seems to be less than what it was the first time around. UGH! I'm trying to use up some of my yarn, the older stuff. So the bag is new yarn and old yarn. The older yarn is the lovely burgandy color. Of course this Red Heart brand of yarn isn't made anymore. :(

I started another shawl in a varigated Red Heart brand of yarn. Don't know the color name cause I seem to have lost the outer label. I'm looking on Red Heart's website and it is sooooooooo slow. Not having any luck, they say they have 72 colors and it's not showing 72 colors. GRRRRR! Okay I give up, I looked at Red Heart and even I Love This Yarn brands and can't find this particular varigated color. I bought it at Hobby Lobby, i think, thus why I checked the ILTY colors as well. Oh well.

No comments: