Monday, February 1, 2010

Ambitious projects

No pics today but I did finish a custom requested beanie for my youngest brothers' baby's Mama. I've decided to put a project on hold. I wanted to make some hairpin lace fingerless gloves, like these Hairpin Lace wristlets-gloves

I decided I was going to use bulky chenille. Least to say, it's not working out so hot so I think I'll just use the panels I made and turn them into a pillow or something. I still want to use chenille and have some thin chenille to work with. I also got some new yarn over the weekend, suede yarn. If I had more money, I would have bought all they had, which wasn't very many. I was not at a hobby, fabric or yarn store by the way.

At the moment, I am working on a small bag using the pink oval shaped Kniffty Knitter loom. I bought this for my daughter as a christmas present and well, she hasn't touched it or the yarn I bought her. I guess maybe she's not interested in this stuff anymore. She still hasn't finished the scarf she started, she mentioned something about being boring. I don't find the repetitiveness boring, relaxing for the most part. I can work on these looms while listening to music, watching tv or a movie. Maybe if she sees me making things other than scarves, she'll be more interested.

Oh, that reminds me, I still need to finish the pillow. I bought the pillow insert and I think I know exactly what material I'm going to use, just need to measure, cut and sew. That also means, I need to clean off my sewing machine table, it's very clutterd and you can barely see the machine. Oops! :)

No comments: