Thursday, July 30, 2009

Still Alive n Kickin

Well, I'm still here not much to report on the creative front though. Most of the time I just don't feel like myself, tired and bummed mostly. I did finally get some mending done and I finally after months of it just sitting, sew the ties on the wrap pants I made. These:


I have ideas for other wrap pants and even some other sewing projects but when I get home, I really don't want to do anything but sleep. I know this creative slump started years ago but the fire that happened just a few short years ago was the kick in the pants. Since that fire, I haven't done much at all in the way of making things even with the non-stop ideas. I know that there are other factors contributing to this continued slump. I just keep telling myself it can't last forever. I try to keep telling myself that things will get better even though the little voice in the deep recesses of my mind tell me other wise. I keep getting thrown ideas left and right and then I make the mistake of opening my eyes and reality drains any energy that just happened within that spark of creative thought.

So here I sit, fondling my pretties, my precious treasures and telling them that some day they will create beauty to just be patient a little bit longer. Some of my lovelies I know I'll have to say goodbye to for whatever reason, okay the demands of money to pay the demands of a sustainable life.

No comments: