Monday, November 23, 2009

Down to the Wire

Thanksgiving is the week and Christmas is just around the corner. No lack of ideas but still in the energy slump. I have one present done, one I'm thinking about doing but not sure yet and no real idea for any others. My 15yr old daughter wants to make some tube scarves and we just bought a knitting ring to do that. No lack of yarn that's for sure. LOL!

Yesterday I sat down and was doodling with a skirt design for belly dance stuff. The design is fairly simple using a stretch fabric. I have some fabric I bought some time ago, just for that and didn't get around to it then. I seriously need to make myself a duct tape dummy or buy a dress dummy and soon. I have ideas busting out of my ears for sewing and plenty of fabric and even new attachments to make my sewing eaiser.

I think other than not really having the room, I don't want to upset the SO. I just need to tell them to kiss my butt, I'm going to do what makes me happy. I'm so worried about causing friction at home in our cramped apartment that i'm not helping myself and my current blues. I think that will all change this weekend because i'm going to get some durn sewing in or something. I need to get out of this slump. I keep buying material for the ideas but not doing anything with them.

Having Christmas just around the corner isn't helping any cause i'm broke and have made so many thing over the years for my family that i'm kinda lost as in what to make now. I have a few ideas but i'm limited because of space, time and money. So very frustrating.

No comments: